Activate inactive ports without upgrading outdated dependencies

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Thu Oct 2 08:14:08 PDT 2014

On Oct 2, 2014, at 10:41 AM, Davide Liessi <davide.liessi at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Is there a way to activate all inactive ports without upgrading any of them?
>> In other words, is there a way to make port activate ports in the
>> order of the dependencies graph instead of alphabetic order, so that
>> when a port is activated all its (eventually outdated) dependencies
>> are already active?
>
> Any suggestions?

As far as I know, port(1) expands pseudoports to an alphabetical list of real ports and then operates on them in order. So `port activate inactive` ends up as `port activate A B C`.

So to achieve what you suggest, the way base deals with multiple port names and pseudoports would probably have to be seriously overhauled.

vq