liblzma and ffmpeg

David Evans devans at macports.org
Fri Oct 3 15:28:27 PDT 2014

On 10/3/14 1:47 PM, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> 'evening!
>
> I'm doing a selfupdate, which includes upgrading ffmpeg +gpl2+nonfree+universal+x11 from 2.3.3_0 to 2.4.1 . That went fine on 10.6, but on my 10.9 VM I'm running into an issue involving liblzma, which apparently is not universal, and thus gives me a failure when merging libavcodec.pc .
>
> Curiously, I have neither port:lzma nor port:liblzma installed (on both set-ups). `port provides` doesn't work for me so I'm at a loss where the liblzma.dylib comes from ...
>
> In any case there seems to be something fishy with ffmpeg's Portfile?
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> R.

Inspection shows that lzma support is optional for ffmpeg depending on
whether or not liblzma can be autodetected.

In r126103, I've modified the ffmpeg port to explicitly enable lzma
support and have added a dependency on port xz which provides liblzma in
Macports and it builds +universal.
port liblzma is obsolete, replaced by xz.  port lzma does not provide
the library only the utility.

Please update your ports and upgrade ffmpeg.   I believe this should
solve your problem.  If not, please file a ticket against ffmpeg.