liblzma and ffmpeg

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Sat Oct 4 04:27:53 PDT 2014

Hi,

----- On 4 Oct, 2014, at 13:14, René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com wrote:

> I hope you're suggesting something that makes sure that no normalised paths are
> being stored, so as to make a /opt/local symlink as transparent as it could be
> expected to be? Which would also get rid of the unreadable pathnames in
> /opt/local/var/macports/build c.s. ... (And incidentally, make it easier to
> change the name/location of the actual tree to which /opt/local points) ?

I'm suggesting something that normalizes everything besides the MacPorts prefix.
That's currently already implied for all other paths, because we don't normalize
(which is exactly why symlinking prefix even works at all), but port provides
breaks in this situation, because it does in fact normalize.

Not sure what you mean with `unreadable pathnames in /opt/local/var/macports/build`
though.

--
Clemens Lang