akonadi 1.13.0 fails to build on OS X 10.6.8 = how to build C++11 ports on 10.6.8 ...

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 03:08:52 PDT 2014

I'm regretting not having had the time to test-drive the new KDE release ...

The updated akonadi Portfile correctly picks up the fact I have port:clang-3.4 installed, and attempts to use that to build this port that now contains C++11 code.

Sadly, clang-3.4 fails on C++11 on OS X 10.6.8: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/45307 . I have uploaded a full log (result of a `port upgrade outdated`) to that ticket, the attached log is of a subsequent `port upgrade akonadi` and thus contains less output from successful compilations. It clearly shows clang-mp-3.4 picking up the wrong headerfile(s), from Apple's gcc-4.2 instead of from it's own tree.

As long as this issue stands, the only compilers that work for building C++11 ports are gcc-mp4.8 and higher (possibly 4.7 too, didn't try).

How does one instruct port to use that compiler through the Portfile? Up to now I have only managed in blacklisting all compilers while doing so ...

If it *is* possible to do this, could it be done through a port group instead of in each individual Portfile?

R.