/bin/sh: line 2: `BASH_FUNC_ttr%%': not a valid identifier

Barrie Stott zen146410 at zen.co.uk
Thu Oct 9 12:51:23 PDT 2014

On 9 Oct 2014, at 18:02, Michael Crawford wrote:

> GNU Emacs is bundled with Mac OS X, if you need an editor until you
> can fix whatever is wrong with Vim.

Thank you for that. I was wondering how I could proceed if no one had met my error message before.

> If you don't know how to use Emacs, enter Control-H T after giving the command:
>
>   $ emacs
>
> ... in Terminal to get the tutorial.
>
> I mostly use Vim too but there _are_ some tasks that are easier in Emacs.
> Michael David Crawford
> mdcrawford at gmail.com
> http://www.warplife.com/mdc/

I used emacs a lot in the past but not for a long time. I find now that the things that are easier are the ones that have been most used recently. Still, you've shown me how to get into and out of emacs and the rest can come from the tutorial: particularly if I write it down.

Many thanks,

Barrie