FATAL ERROR: Can't execute 'mysqlcheck'

Tim Johnson tim at akwebsoft.com
Thu Oct 9 13:02:39 PDT 2014

* Marius Schamschula <lists at schamschula.com> [141009 11:52]:

> On Oct 9, 2014, at 1:44 PM, Tim Johnson <tim at akwebsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > * Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> [141008 16:25]:

> >  # Grr!
> >  ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through
> >    socket '/opt/local/var/run/mysql5/mysqld.sock' (2)
> >
> >  # Not a happy situation .... I can figure it out in time, but I'm
> >  # an eternal newbie when it comes to upgrading and am less
> >  # familiar with OS X than linux
> >  So... instructions for upgrading anyone?
> >  thanks
> > --
> > Tim
> > tim at tee jay forty nine dot com or akwebsoft dot com
> > http://www.akwebsoft.com, http://www.tj49.com
>
> All make sense, but why are we looking for the mysql5 socket rather than the mysql56 socket?
>
> The socket should be at
>
> /opt/local/var/run/mysql56/mysqld.sock
  I've created a system-wide /etc/my.cnf
  with the following :
  [mysqld]
  socket=/opt/local/var/run/mysql56/mysqld.sock

  [client]
  socket=/opt/local/var/run/mysql56/mysqld.sock

  So now I can start mysql56, but it remains to import the data
  properly.

  Once I figure out the correct method I'll post the results.

--
Tim