Why I Run Old System Software

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Fri Oct 10 22:52:39 PDT 2014

On Sat, 11 Oct 2014, C.T. wrote:

> I quite agree with you Mike on this one. My main machine is still Snow
> Leopard, and while I am not a developper, I just couldn’t replicate the
> perfect balance it struck between user-friendliness and underlying power
> and compatibility.

I went to Mavericks because I needed some 3rd-party applications such as a
decent QR-code reader (there's one for Snow Leopard but it's a bit
primitive) and iStat (won't run properly on Snow Leopard), security fixes,
etc.  It's also much nicer all around.

My only gripe is that the calendar "Reminders" function got hived off into
its own application.

-- Dave