End of Python 2.4–2.6 and 3.1–3.3 support

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 05:01:10 PDT 2014

On Saturday October 11 2014 06:53:27 Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> Obviously, the naming is intentional. p5.12-X ports use perl5.12, p5.16-X ports use perl5.16, etc.
> I don't understand. If a port depends on p5.12-X, then it will use p5.12-X.

Obviously, yes. But what if a port depends on functionality provided by p5.y-X which isn't available in p5.12-X because it depends on a newer perl version? I suppose that was at the heart of my problem: at some point updates for p5.12 (replace 12 with any other version) cease...

> > an older version if needed. What's missing there is a way to "hold" a port, so that uninstall inactive won't touch it.
>
> We do have "sudo port setrequested ..." and "sudo port unsetrequested ..." which could be used for that.

After setrequested `uninstall inactive` won't touch it? These seem to be orthogonal, independent properties ...

R.