Problem with cssh

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 16:41:53 PDT 2014

On Sun, Oct 12, 2014 at 7:21 PM, Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com>
wrote:

> It's the Perl module, which on line 2256 is assuming that a slash simply
> must indicate an X11R3-style Unix socket (DISPLAY=unix/localhost:0). Sadly
> there's no maintainer, and the bug is filed at least twice (#39569 in
> general, #41886 specifically for cssh). In the meantime, I may be able to
> come up with a patch, just not immediately.

Also, a workaround here is to set $DISPLAY to just the end of the string
(e.g.

    pyanfar:735 Z$ echo $DISPLAY
    /tmp/launch-bYum4O/org.macosforge.xquartz:0
    pyanfar:736 Z$ DISPLAY=:0 cssh ...

and make sure XQuartz is already running. Be aware that the :0 may be
something else, especially if your xquartz is out of date; don't just
assume it'll always be :0.