Problem with $DISPLAY

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 12:34:07 PDT 2014

On Saturday October 18 2014 05:40:17 Dave Horsfall wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Oct 2014, René J.V. Bertin wrote:

> If there is then this Macoid would dearly love to know how.  Coming from a
> 40-year Unix background I was horrified when I discovered that the

I don't know of a free solution, but iPartition from Coriolis Systems does this. It's among the few utility software I actually bought a license of (among with their iDefrag and Disk Warrior) and my go-to tool when I want to be sure a new disk is partitioned as closely as possible to how *I* want it.

Also see http://superuser.com/questions/380330/mac-convert-from-case-sensitive-to-case-insensitive-file-system

> Case-sensitivity is the only way to go; this is POSIX, not MS-DOS.

Contract Apple and POSIX and you get APPOSIX -> APOSIX ... something NOT Posix :-/

The worst part is that the fs could have been properly case-sensitive, but filename matching done with our with respecting case on an application-to-application basis (via a switch in the InfoDict).