Yosemite upgrade

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Oct 18 17:16:39 PDT 2014

Remember to Reply All when you reply.

On Oct 18, 2014, at 7:13 PM, Carlo Tambuatco wrote:

> Yeah, just upgraded my ports yesterday after upgrading to Yosemite, and cmake along with other ports such as pypy etc fail to upgrade properly. I am using the Xcode 6.0 toolchain, so do I need to wait for Xcode 6.1 to be released officially before upgrading these ports?

Yes, to build cmake, you need the 10.10 SDK. It's in Xcode 6.1, both the final version which Apple will release to everyone later and the pre-release versions, if you can still find it, or the beta versions (but not the final version) of Xcode 6.0.

> Ports that have failed the upgrade process after migrating to Yosemite:
>
> apple-gcc42                    @5666.3         lang/apple-gcc42

apple-gcc42 is not supported on Yosemite for now.

> clisp                          @2.49           lang/clisp
> cmake                          @3.0.2          devel/cmake
> db46                           @4.6.21         databases/db46
> gcc47                          @4.7.4          lang/gcc47

I haven't yet fixed gcc47 and lower for Yosemite, though I intend to. gcc48 and up should work.

> gcc48                          @4.8.3          lang/gcc48
> gstreamer1-gst-plugins-base    @1.4.3          gnome/gstreamer1-gst-plugins-base
> libgcc                         @4.9.1          lang/gcc49
> llvm-3.3                       @3.3            lang/llvm-3.3
> llvm-gcc42                     @2336.11        lang/llvm-gcc42

llvm-gcc42 is not supported on Yosemite for now.