Yosemite upgrade

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 10:04:09 PDT 2014

On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 1:00 PM, Carlo Tambuatco <oraclmaster at gmail.com>
wrote:

> before I do a clean wipe of all my macports and spend the next 10 hours or
> so downloading, configuring, building and reinstalling 459 separate ports.
> There may be a simpler solution.

If there were one, someone would have found it by now. Migration tells you
to remove and reinstall for a reason.

(And ultimately that reason is Apple changing things as it sees fit,
regardless of the effect on downstream folks like MacPorts and Homebrew.
The latter is good at ignoring those reasons and then causing
incomprehensible problems down the road... although they're getting better
about it, slowly, having repeatedly had to learn the hard way why MacPorts
does things in ways they consider "stupid".)