Yosemite upgrade

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Sun Oct 19 11:25:52 PDT 2014

On Oct 19, 2014, at 11:15 AM, Carlo Tambuatco <oraclmaster at gmail.com> wrote:

> I will attach the log file for the llvm-3.3 error.

From the configure phase:

    :info:configure checking for python... /opt/local/bin/python
    :info:configure checking for python >= 2.5...   File "<string>", line 1
    :info:configure     import sys; print sys.version.split()[0]
    :info:configure                         ^
    :info:configure SyntaxError: invalid syntax

It looks like you used `port select` to make Python 3.x your default, and LLVM's configure is choking on it. You should run `sudo port select --set python none` and try again.

Actually you should still switch to LLVM 3.5, as I mentioned earlier.

vq