"Updating database of binaries" step very slow under Yosemite?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 13:06:26 PDT 2014

On Wednesday October 22 2014 15:51:38 Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

> On Oct 22, 2014, at 3:47 PM, Arno Hautala wrote:
>
> > I'm pretty sure that the scan only checks newly installed files.
>
> Correct.
>
> Only "new" (yet-to-be-scanned) files get added, then only the applicable files are checked during rev-upgrade.

What's the point in scanning newly installed files? I thought the whole idea was to scan already installed files for ABI issues due to the newly installed (dylib) files?

Or are we talking about the (other?) scan that bugs you after you cleaned out all those useless doc or translation files, claiming that such or so  file is missing? :)

R.