controlling Macports version of Apache2 -- part 2

William H. Magill magill at mac.com
Fri Oct 24 03:05:49 PDT 2014

> On Oct 23, 2014, at 11:55 PM, Joshua Root <jmr at macports.org> wrote:
>
>>> On Oct 23, 2014, at 9:42 PM, Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 9:37 PM, William H. Magill <magill at mac.com> wrote:
>>> What is the equivalent today? MacPorts does not contain a Lynx port which the search command can find.
>>>
>>> links or elinks, probably. Ports exist for both. There's also w3m and netrik.
>>>
>>> ("port search browser" also tells me there is indeed a lynx port. What exactly did you use with "port search"?)
>>
>> Using the search function on the web page:
>>
>> https://www.macports.org/ports.php?by=category&substr=Lynx
>>
>> And
>>
>> https://www.macports.org/ports.php?by=category&substr=lynx
>>

>> T.T.F.N.
>> William H. Magill
>
> You were searching by category (and there is no "lynx" category).
> Searching by name works:
>
> https://www.macports.org/ports.php?by=name&substr=lynx
>
> - Josh

> On Oct 24, 2014, at 1:56 AM, Lawrence Velázquez <larryv at macports.org> wrote:
> You had "Search by" set to "Category". Try it with "Software title":
>
> https://www.macports.org/ports.php?by=name&substr=lynx
>
> lynx certainly does exist in MacPorts. I maintain it :)
>
> vq

This must be the only search function on the Internet which returns zero hits!

Obviously I simply did not notice that the "search by" entry did not "snap-back" to the default as when you first hit the page, again a unique "feature" on the Internet.

One develops bad habits when away from System Administration and hanging out with "users." :)

T.T.F.N.
William H. Magill
# iMac11,3 Core i7 [2.93GHz - 8 GB 1067MHz] OS X 10.10
# Macmini6,1 Intel Core i5 [2.5 Ghz - 4GB 1600MHz] OS X 10.10 OSX Server (now dead)

magill at icloud.com
magill at mac.com
whmagill at gmail.com