Successful upgrade to Yosemite

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Sat Oct 25 09:58:12 PDT 2014

On Sun, 26 Oct 2014, Dave Horsfall wrote:

> Looks like my Apple ID has changed once again, and I had to use my Yahoo
> address this time, as all my other ones were taken.  Odd.

It claimed to have sent some sort of confirmation there, but I don't see
it; I hope it wasn't important.

> Already had MacPorts 2.3.2 (installed earlier), and Xcode 6.1 had
> already made itself at home, but MacPorts is still rebuilding itself
> many hours later (probably because of my now crippled ADSL link).

Finished something like 8 hours later, mostly due to my now molasses-like
ADSL link.

Oh, and looks like NTP got fixed; it used to have horrible reachability
problems.

> Getting various installation notes during the build, which I've probably
> lost in my scroll-back buffer.  I wish these were squirreled away
> somewhere, with a note at the end saying "Please see blah blah for post
> installation notes" or something; now I'll never find 'em, so they'd
> better not be important.

Turned out my scroll-back buffer was large enough after all; now I merely
have to digest what's in there.

--
Dave Horsfall (VK2KFU)  "Bliss is a MacBook with a FreeBSD server."
http://www.horsfall.org/spam.html (and check the home page whilst you're there)