Getting Apache to restart

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Sat Oct 25 13:30:50 PDT 2014

Sigh...  I seem to recall this being discussed recently, but I do not
recall the outcome.

What is the secret to getting Apache to restart, again?  Every single web
reference I've seen says to use "apachectl restart" (which is how I do it
on FreeBSD), but on Yosemite it remains firmly un-restarted.

I could've sworn it worked for earlier releases; if not Mavericks then
certainly for Snow Leopard.  I don't really have a server on the Mac as
such, but I use it for testing pages before sending them to my FreeBSD
box.

--
Dave Horsfall (VK2KFU)  "Bliss is a MacBook with a FreeBSD server."
http://www.horsfall.org/spam.html (and check the home page whilst you're there)