X11 forwarding on Yosemite

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Mon Oct 27 09:11:41 PDT 2014

On Mon, 27 Oct 2014, Chongkai Jiang wrote:

> I cannot get X11 forwarding to work on Yosemite. I installed xQuartz
> 2.7.7 that used to work well under Mavericks.

I couldn't get it to work with Mavericks, but that could've been because I
hadn't configured it in my SSH configs.

[ Checks ]

Nope; I had ForwardAgent and ForwardX11 set back then, along with
X11Forwarding in the server.  How did you get it to work with Mavericks?

I've lost all my notes back when I had it working work->home, but I dimly
recall that it involved something to to with an SSH agent (and I've loaned
out my SSH O'Reilly book).

> From the following log, I guess "xauth generate" failed locally on my
> Mac, right?

I get the same thing.  It would be nice to have this working, so I could
run "xload" in my FreeBSD server, have a new Firefox tab opened on my Mac
when reading remote mail, etc.

PS: Please reply to the list and not to me; most of Gmail's mail servers
are listed on various DNSBLs and they don't care, and I'm getting tired of
having to whitelist Gmail users all the time (see my anti-Gmail page).

--
Dave Horsfall (VK2KFU)  "Bliss is a MacBook with a FreeBSD server."
http://www.horsfall.org/spam.html (and check the home page whilst you're there)