libintl.8.dylib not loaded?

Barrie Stott zen146410 at zen.co.uk
Tue Oct 28 04:06:01 PDT 2014

On 28 Oct 2014, at 08:36, Chris Jones wrote:

>> in an attempt to minimize exposure to Shellshock.  IIRC I got the above
>> from someone on this list.
>
> Together, if I recall, with a number of posts saying it was also a very bad idea....

There was also a post from Greg Earle giving a script to replace /bin/bash and /bin/sh with Shellshock-proof versions. This was trivial to use but it was for Snow Leopard. I attach a copy but would not use it for 10.9.5 without checking that your version of /bin/bash and /bin/sh is the same as required in the script (reproduced below).

Barrie.

--
#!/bin/sh
# Script to build Shellshock-fixed bash/sh from Apple's bash src

cd ~/src

mkdir bash-fix
cd bash-fix

curl -k https://opensource.apple.com/tarballs/bash/bash-92.tar.gz | tar -zpxf -

cd bash-92/bash-3.2

curl -k https://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/bash/bash-3.2-patches/bash32-052 | patch -p0
curl -k https://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/bash/bash-3.2-patches/bash32-053 | patch -p0
curl -k https://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/bash/bash-3.2-patches/bash32-054 | patch -p0
curl -k https://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/bash/bash-3.2-patches/bash32-055 | patch -p0
curl -k https://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/bash/bash-3.2-patches/bash32-056 | patch -p0
curl -k https://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/bash/bash-3.2-patches/bash32-057 | patch -p0

cd ..
xcodebuild
sudo chown root build/Release/bash
sudo chown root build/Release/sh

build/Release/bash --version	# "GNU bash, version 3.2.57(1)-release"
build/Release/sh --version	# "GNU bash, version 3.2.57(1)-release"

sudo cp -p /bin/bash /bin/bash.shellshock
sudo chmod 000 /bin/bash.shellshock
sudo cp -p /bin/sh /bin/sh.shellshock
sudo chmod 000 /bin/sh.shellshock

sudo cp -p build/Release/bash /bin/bash