libintl.8.dylib not loaded?

Christopher Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Wed Oct 29 11:33:20 PDT 2014

Hi,

I would suggest anyone who has foobar’ed up their systems by following the (badly thought out) instructions to replace bash with MacPorts version to

a) put back the original bash from their backups ;)

b) manually install the updates from Apple that properly fix this

OS X bash Update 1.0 may be obtained from the following webpages:
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1767 <http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1767> – OS X Lion
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1768 <http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1768> – OS X Mountain Lion
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1769 <http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1769> – OS X Mavericks

For OSX 10.6 and older, where there is no update, follow the instructions post to this thread to patch bash properly (i.e. no macPorts dependencies).

Chris