clang++-mp-3.4 doesn't find initializer_list on OS X 10.6

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Fri Sep 5 19:41:39 PDT 2014

On Sep 5, 2014, at 12:36 PM, René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wonder though, that ticket has discussion about how runtimes will be removed from the gcc ports, but I have been building kdevelop-git with gcc-4.8 and running it successfully (apart from crashes not occurring on Linux, which is the reason I wanted to try with clang).

The FSF GCC ports each used to include their own runtime and support libraries (libstdc++, libgcc_s, etc.). This caused problems when, for example, a port using gcc44's libraries linked against a port using gcc45's libraries.

This was partially remedied by extracting the support libraries into libgcc and having all the GCC ports use that single set of libraries.

vq