kdevelop 4.7 and beyond (was: clang++-mp-3.4 doesn't find initializer_list on OS X 10.6)

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Sep 6 15:42:33 PDT 2014

On Sep 6, 2014, at 3:12 PM, René J.V. Bertin wrote:

> Who decides whether or not a universal variant binary port is made available via the buildbots? O:-)

If a port depends on a universal port, then that dependency will be built universal on the buildbot and provided as a binary package, license permitting.

For example, wine is 32-bit only; it cannot be built 64-bit. Therefore on a 64-bit Mac (which the buildbot builders are) all of wine's dependencies would need to be built universal.

Other than that, the buildbot doesn't build universal.

A desire has previously been expressed for the buildbot to always attempt universal builds, in addition to non-universal builds, but to my knowledge nobody has worked on that yet.