KDE: launch & communication

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Mon Sep 15 12:17:46 PDT 2014

Hi Brandon,

On 15 Sep 2014, at 15:58 , Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com> wrote:
> `port load` is questionable at least for dbus, because there's both a LaunchDaemon (root) and a LaunchAgent (user) and only one can be done with `port load`. Likewise I think it defaults to setup for LaunchDaemons and may not play well with LaunchAgents at all?

according to this:
---
$ port notes kdelibs4
kdelibs4 has the following notes:
  Don't forget that dbus needs to be started as the local user (not with sudo) before any KDE programs will launch.
  To start it run the following command:
   launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist
  An agent to provide communication between KDE programs must be started.
  To start it run the following command:
   launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchAgents/org.macports.kdecache.plist
---
it is NOT needed to start any launch *daemon* anymore, the agents are enough!

Greets,
Marko