nepomuk-core update?

David Evans devans at macports.org
Tue Sep 30 08:28:25 PDT 2014

On 9/30/14 1:38 AM, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Tuesday September 30 2014 11:10:17 Nicolas Pavillon wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> No, I did not do anything, but if you check the logs, you can see that
> Where do I find those, I've been looking for a changelog feature (`port changelog <portname>` ...) but apparently not hard enough?
>
>> someone else added an implicit dependency (ffmpeg) and revbumped the
>> port after an upgrade of ffmpeg.
> Ah, not sure I'm happy with that, it adds a huge overhead for people who do not already have ffmpeg installed because of other reasons (and those who don't will probably not require any added functionality the libav libraries can give to nepomuk ...)
> (You probably meant someone made an implicit dependency explicit? ;) )

I did this.  The revbump was required because (for people who had ffmpeg
installed when they built the port) the existing binary was linked with
the previous version of ffmpeg which is not ABI compatible with the
current version.

Adding the dependency on ffmpeg was to ensure that all copies of
nepomuk-core build the same.  Since ffmpeg is an optional build
dependency, nepomuk-core will use it if it is available or not if not,
resulting in inconsistent builds.  If it is desired to build
nepomuk-core without ffmpeg support by default then removing the
dependency is not sufficient - the ffmpeg build option needs to be
disabled explicitly.

Dave