nepomuk-core update?

David Evans devans at macports.org
Tue Sep 30 09:25:16 PDT 2014

On 9/30/14 8:50 AM, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Tuesday September 30 2014 08:28:25 David Evans wrote:
>
>> I did this.  The revbump was required because (for people who had ffmpeg
>> installed when they built the port) the existing binary was linked with
>> the previous version of ffmpeg which is not ABI compatible with the
>> current version.
> Ah? And no previous version libraries are left behind? That's not very tidy ... I wonder how many other ports broke because of this!
All the other ports that depend on ffmpeg were fixed at the time ffmpeg
2.4 was released.  Most just needed to rebuild, others needed more
attention due to API changes (mostly dropping of long deprecated API
elements).  This is just normal procedure.  nepomuk-core was missed and
just came to light due to the stealth nature of its dependency on ffmpeg.

If you want to keep track of port changes as they occur, I suggest
subscribing to the MacPorts Changes list
<https://lists.macosforge.org/mailman/listinfo/macports-changes>.