upgrading port with dependency change

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Apr 1 03:05:58 PDT 2015

On Apr 1, 2015, at 4:36 AM, Thomas Robitaille wrote:

> The py27-pyfits and py27-astropy ports should *not* be set to be
> conflicting at this point, because the scripts included with Astropy
> should be renamed during the installation. For instance, fitscheck in
> PyFITS should be renamed to fitscheck-ap after installation. This used
> to work so I'm not sure exactly what has changed. Could another
> maintainer take a look and let me know what could be going wrong?
>
> In the long term, we do want to deprecate py27-pyfits, but not yet.

The post-destroot block in py-astropy is only adding the -ap suffix to the symlinks that are in /opt/local/bin, but that's not where the conflict is occurring. According to the error message, the conflict is occurring in /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin.

Here's a patch to fix it.