Alternatives for outdated assembler (AS)?

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 10:02:31 PDT 2015

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 4:33 AM, Lawrence Velázquez <larryv at macports.org> wrote:
> On Apr 10, 2015, at 3:53 AM, Jeffrey Walton <noloader at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Xcode is Version 5.1.1 (5B1008). So in this case, its up to date for the OS.
>>
>> I can't move to Xcode 6 until Apple makes it available on 10.8.5.
>
> Don’t hold your breath. If that were going to happen at all, it would have dropped at the start.
>
> (And it looks like Mavericks will top out at Xcode 6.2.)

OT, this is a little troubling: "Hidden backdoor API to root
privileges in Apple OS X,"
https://truesecdev.wordpress.com/2015/04/09/hidden-backdoor-api-to-root-privileges-in-apple-os-x/

Apple really needs to support their products longer than 12 or 18
months. That includes security bugs, operating systems and Xcode.