Alternatives for outdated assembler (AS)?

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 10:26:15 PDT 2015

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 1:21 PM, Chris Jones <jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

>> Apple really needs to support their products longer than 12 or 18
>> months. That includes security bugs, operating systems and Xcode.
>
> They do, just not necessarily in the way you want/expect. The update from 10.8 to 10.9 or 10.10 is free, so that is clearly now their support mechanism which allows them to drop old OSes sooner. Personally i think this is fine, buy YMMV.

I know I'm really drifting off-topic here, but Apple sold me a
defective product that they claimed to be safe and secure. Its not the
case, and they won't fix it.

Do we really need to go to court with Apple and ask for a court order
so they fix it? And beg the case under consumer protection laws....