Alternatives for outdated assembler (AS)?

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 10:35:13 PDT 2015

>>> They do, just not necessarily in the way you want/expect. The update from 10.8 to 10.9 or 10.10 is free, so that is clearly now their support mechanism which allows them to drop old OSes sooner. Personally i think this is fine, buy YMMV.
>> I know I'm really drifting off-topic here, but Apple sold me a
>> defective product that they claimed to be safe and secure. Its not the
>> case, and they won't fix it.
>>
>> Do we really need to go to court with Apple and ask for a court order
>> so they fix it? And beg the case under consumer protection laws....
>
> Exactly in what way is your machine 'defective', that cannot be solved by installing the OS update ?
The machine came with OS X 10.8. I don't want the risk associated with
the 10.9/10.10 upgrades. So its fixed at the version of the OS that
Apple supplied.

And in case its not obvious, I don't agree to any terms of service
that would require me to upgrade. Purchasing future versions of the OS
was not a term of the sale when I bought the MacBook.