[Newbie Alert] Did i screw up my XCode?

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 06:58:21 PDT 2015

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 9:39 AM, Ton Machielsen <ton at machielsen.net> wrote:

> Yep. Directory is there and contains header files. I am trying to compile
> linrad (http://www.sm5bsz.com/linuxdsp/linrad.htm). It fails on the
> ./configure step

For what it's worth, the configure succeeds here (10.9). But I note that
the current downloadable source is 04.05 whereas your directory in the
original message suggests version 03.51? Perhaps this was an upstream
issue; the error message suggests to me that it was using a common glibc
compatibility hack that gcc tolerates but modern clang doesn't like (and is
somewhat nasty and asking for trouble even in an all-Linux configuration),
and this may have been fixed in later releases.