MacPorts not working on 10.10.3

Brad Allison brad.allison at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 15:54:53 PDT 2015

I just did a fresh install of MacPorts (downloaded from the website), and
tried to install my first package and this is the error I get:

bash-3.2$ sudo /opt/local/bin/port install ircii

--->  Computing dependencies for ircii

--->  Cleaning ircii

--->  Updating database of binaries

--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors

--->  Found 17 broken file(s), matching files to ports

Warning: No port eggdbus found in the index; can't rebuild

Warning: No port gst-plugins-base found in the index; can't rebuild

Warning: No port gstreamer found in the index; can't rebuild

--->  Found 2 broken port(s), determining rebuild order

--->  Rebuilding in order

     nmap @5.51

     wget @1.13.4 +ssl

--->  Configuring libpcap

Error: org.macports.configure for port libpcap returned: configure failure:
command execution failed

Please see the log file for port libpcap for details:

/opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_net_libpcap/libpcap/main.log

Error: Problem while installing libpcap

Error rebuilding nmap

    while executing

"error "Error rebuilding $portname""

    (procedure "revupgrade_scanandrebuild" line 395)

    invoked from within

"revupgrade_scanandrebuild broken_port_counts $opts"

    (procedure "macports::revupgrade" line 5)

    invoked from within

"macports::revupgrade $opts"

    (procedure "action_revupgrade" line 2)

    invoked from within

"action_revupgrade $action $portlist $opts"

    (procedure "action_target" line 96)

    invoked from within

"$action_proc $action $portlist [array get global_options]"

    (procedure "process_cmd" line 103)

    invoked from within

"process_cmd $remaining_args"

    invoked from within

"if { [llength $remaining_args] > 0 } {

    # If there are remaining arguments, process those as a command

    set exit_status [process_cmd $remaining..."

    (file "/opt/local/bin/port" line 5268)