My install of MacPort is busted

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Apr 19 18:08:40 PDT 2015

On Apr 19, 2015, at 6:00 PM, Brad Allison wrote:

> I tried removing everything in /opt/local and reinstalling MacPorts again from the website and it still doesn't work.
>
> I did a "selfupdate" and it said there was nothing to do.
>
> So I did a "update outdated" and it looks like it just picked a random package "ffmpeg" to install and even that fails.....

It looks like it successfully upgraded dcraw and libpng, then failed on ffmpeg. The order is not random; MacPorts orders the ports in the required order.

> How do I cleanly UNINSTALL macports so i can get a clean and working version of MacPorts?
>
> bash-3.2$ sudo /opt/local/bin/port upgrade outdated
> --->  Computing dependencies for dcraw
> --->  Fetching archive for dcraw
> --->  Attempting to fetch dcraw-9.25.0_0.darwin_14.x86_64.tbz2 from http://packages.macports.org/dcraw
> --->  Attempting to fetch dcraw-9.25.0_0.darwin_14.x86_64.tbz2.rmd160 from http://packages.macports.org/dcraw
> --->  Installing dcraw @9.25.0_0
> --->  Cleaning dcraw
> --->  Computing dependencies for dcraw
> --->  Deactivating dcraw @9.24.4_0
> --->  Cleaning dcraw
> --->  Activating dcraw @9.25.0_0
> --->  Cleaning dcraw
> --->  Computing dependencies for libpng
> --->  Fetching archive for libpng
> --->  Attempting to fetch libpng-1.6.17_0.darwin_14.x86_64.tbz2 from http://packages.macports.org/libpng
> --->  Attempting to fetch libpng-1.6.17_0.darwin_14.x86_64.tbz2.rmd160 from http://packages.macports.org/libpng
> --->  Installing libpng @1.6.17_0
> --->  Cleaning libpng
> --->  Computing dependencies for libpng
> --->  Deactivating libpng @1.6.16_0
> --->  Cleaning libpng
> --->  Activating libpng @1.6.17_0
> --->  Cleaning libpng
> --->  Computing dependencies for ffmpeg
> --->  Fetching archive for ffmpeg
> --->  Attempting to fetch ffmpeg-2.6.2_0+gpl2+x11.darwin_14.x86_64.tbz2 from http://packages.macports.org/ffmpeg
> --->  Attempting to fetch ffmpeg-2.6.2_0+gpl2+x11.darwin_14.x86_64.tbz2 from http://mse.uk.packages.macports.org/sites/packages.macports.org/ffmpeg
> --->  Attempting to fetch ffmpeg-2.6.2_0+gpl2+x11.darwin_14.x86_64.tbz2 from http://nue.de.packages.macports.org/macports/packages/ffmpeg
> --->  Fetching distfiles for ffmpeg
> --->  Attempting to fetch ffmpeg-2.6.2.tar.bz2 from http://distfiles.macports.org/ffmpeg
> --->  Verifying checksums for ffmpeg
> --->  Extracting ffmpeg
> --->  Configuring ffmpeg
> Error: Failed to configure ffmpeg, consult /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_multimedia_ffmpeg/ffmpeg/work/ffmpeg-2.6.2/config.log
> Error: org.macports.configure for port ffmpeg returned: configure failure: command execution failed
> Please see the log file for port ffmpeg for details:
>     /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_multimedia_ffmpeg/ffmpeg/main.log

Seeing the main.log and config.log files might help us figure out why this failed. Possibly relevant: dcraw and libpng were updated from binary packages, but ffmpeg was built from source. This could indicate a problem with your Xcode or Xcode command line tools installations, or that you have not agreed to the Xcode license agreement.