kde4-runtime, samba3, and talloc

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 02:21:21 PDT 2015

On Saturday April 25 2015 10:38:03 Marko Käning wrote:

>Well, I believe that samba should rather move into a dedicated variant, as it
>is perhaps not necessarily of general interest for all MacPorts/KDE users…

I'd argue the opposite. kde4-runtime is a "base" package, providing functionality used by other KDE4 apps. "notmuch" on the other hand provides a very specific and IMVHO rather obscure functionality. I think that someone who really wants to have both ports installed can decide for him/herself if it's worth building kde4-runtime from source with -nosamba (or -samba with +samba being a default variant) and suffering the potential loss of functionality in certain KDE4 apps.

R.