gpsd on OS 10.6

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Apr 28 21:54:30 PDT 2015

On Apr 28, 2015, at 2:46 PM, Stan Sanderson wrote:

> On OS 10.6, gpsd 3.11_0 < 3.14_0 will not upgrade. I have attached the logfile (after cleaning and trying upgrade outdated again).
>
> Suggestions appreciated!

Sorry, this does not work on Snow Leopard right now.

Here is the ticket if you want to follow our progress on this issue:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/47498

I did today hear back from the developer, but he did not yet have a suggestion.

Possibly, it's just the old gcc-4.2 compiler that's the culprit, and you could try using clang instead:

sudo port clean gpsd
sudo port upgrade gpsd configure.compiler=clang

Let us know if that works or not.