port upgrade octave fails

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Wed Apr 29 07:41:27 PDT 2015

Hi Joerg - Can you try:
{{{
sudo port clean octave
sudo port install octave +gcc48
}}}
and see if that helps. Sometimes it does, though I kinda doubt it will
in your case. If not, then do a search <
https://trac.macports.org/search > to see if someone else has already
reported the same (or very similar) issue; and, if not found then create
a new ticket < https://trac.macports.org/newticket > and list my email
as "owner" & we'll try to figure this issue out. If this fails again,
then one item (beyond the build log created by MacPorts) that would be
useful to have attached to the (new) ticket is the file
"~/Desktop/octave-config.log.tar.bz2" created by:
{{{
(cd $(port work octave)/octave-* && tar jcf
~/Desktop/octave-config.log.tar.bz2 config.log)
}}}
Hope this helps! - MLD