macports thinks xcode is not installed...?

Christopher Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Sun Aug 2 23:28:53 PDT 2015

Hi,

I had the same warning over the weekend with my OSX 10.11 VM.

I had Xcode 7 beta 4 installed from

https://developer.apple.com/xcode/downloads/

and I also installed the Xcode 7 beta 4 command line tools from ‘additional tools’ link at the bottom of the above link. Interesting there was not a version for OSX10.11, so I took guess and tried the one for OS X 10.10. Seems to work. Does mean I see to have /usr/bin/clang etc., despite what is said about rootless mode

MacVM1011 ~ > /usr/bin/clang -v
Apple LLVM version 7.0.0 (clang-700.0.59.1)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin15.0.0
Thread model: posix

I also did have to run

sudo xcode-select -s /Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer

Chris