"/opt/local/bin/average": conflict between packages 'num-utils' and 'argyll'

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Aug 14 10:27:29 PDT 2015

On Aug 14, 2015, at 6:36 AM, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 5:37 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On Aug 12, 2015, at 4:07 PM, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
>>
>>> If I’m not mistaken, the two ports for argyll and num-utils both install a file /opt/local/bin/average an are therefore conflicting. Both average commands do very different things, BTW.
>>>
>>> Should I open a ticket?
>>
>> Yes,
>
> Done. https://trac.macports.org/ticket/48571
>
>> the two ports will need to be marked as conflicting with one another.
>
> Dunno how to do that.

In the argyll port, the line "conflicts num-utils" will be added, and in the num-utils port, the line "conflicts argyll" will be added.

>> The developers of both projects should also be notified of this conflict
>
> port info argyll num-utils reports as email address for both: nomaintainer at macports.org.
>
>> so that they can decide if and how they wish to resolve it.

"port info" tells you who maintains the MacPorts portfiles (in this case no one), but this is an issue the developers of the respective projects would need to deal with. Their contact information is hopefully listed on the projects' respective homepages.