mariadb upgrade fetch fail last

Stan Sanderson stansand at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 19:37:59 PDT 2015

> On Aug 19, 2015, at 11:50 AM, Bradley Giesbrecht <pixilla at macports.org> wrote:

>> It sounds like there was a problem with one/some of the MacPorts mirrors.
>>
>> Stan and Jan, do you know the mirrors you were fetching from?
>>
>> For me, “port fetch mariadb” fetched the mariadb sources without issue from the following mirror.
>> http://distfiles.macports.org/mariadb/mariadb-5.5.43.tar.gz <http://distfiles.macports.org/mariadb/mariadb-5.5.43.tar.gz>
>

> I’m updating the mariadb port to 5.5.45 and will commit after a test build.
>
> Lets see if this problem disappears with mariadb 5.5.45.
>
>> Brad

I just completed a successful port upgrade-all (including married 5.5.45 on the iMac.

However,   I am watching my MacBook Air reporting 99%, 43.5M Total, 43.4M Received from each of the sites which responded, including the same site which delivered it to the iMac.- http://ykf.ca.distfiles.macports.org/MacPorts/mpdistfiles/mariadb <http://ykf.ca.distfiles.macports.org/MacPorts/mpdistfiles/mariadb> , The first 43.5M loads quickly, then the download speed trickles to nothing. The log file reports “Operation too slow. Less than 1024 bytes/sec transferred in the last 60 seconds”

I’ve got a very fast connection. The iMac is on ethernet, the MacBook Air is, of course, on Wi-Fi.

I used a ftp app to download from the above site, cleaned mariadb and put the file in the dist folder. It is now upgrading- no errors reported yet. The download took less than 15 seconds; there was no hesitation. (No, I did not try ftp’ing from the terminal app.)

O.K., it upgraded.

Very confused.

Stan