Two User-Experience Problems

Jean-François Caron jfcaron at phas.ubc.ca
Thu Aug 20 13:37:57 PDT 2015

I replied just to Arno by accident, here is the same message for the list:

Oh!  I saw a response about caffeinate, but I thought I had to install Caffeine to get it.  Thanks for pointing it out.  I will try making an alias for “sudo port upgrade” or “sudo port install” that prefixes it with caffeinate.

Regarding the buildmakejobs option that Daniel Luke pointed out: From what I read, this will make all build commands use the specific number that I put, if I don’t put 0, but some ports won’t build properly.  I would like to leave the number of cores up to the system to determine, but cap it at some value.

I will try increasing the buildnicevalue instead of capping the cores.  That should be equivalent from the user-experience perspective.

Jean-François