org.macports.build for port kerberos5 returned: command execution failed

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Aug 24 17:17:00 PDT 2015

On Aug 24, 2015, at 5:42 PM, Tim Johnson wrote:

> * Tim Johnson [150824 14:40]:
>> The subject line need not be repeated.

Without more information, we can't tell you anything more than "the kerberos5 port failed during the build phase", which is the only information that the message in the subject line conveys.

>> Ticket being submitted
>

>  Well ... I'll hold off for a while. Actually I have to -
>  macports.org is timing out at
>
>  apple-compu.edge1.sanjose2.level3.net

I'm not having any trouble reaching trac.macports.org or other MacPorts sites from Austin or Munich or right now, but of course network problems are often region-specific so there may be a network problem somewhere between you and Apple's data center in Cupertino.

>  so, that could be (possibly) the cause of the error?

No; MacPorts confines its network activities to the fetch phase. Since the port failed for you during the build phase, that indicates a build problem, not a network problem.

>  I'll try updating again later before submitting the ticket.

If you're still not able to get to our site to file a ticket, you could upload the main.log file somewhere, then send us a link to it here. (Attaching large files directly to mailing list messages should be avoided.)