Kile resolution

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Dec 8 14:42:24 PST 2015

On Dec 8, 2015, at 12:59 PM, Sara Buson wrote:

> I just installed Kile in a new laptop (Macbook Pro, Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) with OS X El Capitan (10.11.1).
> So far it seems working properly but the resolution of the font is very bad, not only the typed text but also the Kile environment itself. I tried to change it in Kile (preferences -> fonts & colours) but did not find any appropriate setting to set :/
>
> I also see that there is a default option of opening this app in low resolution (see finder window screenshot) but did not find a way to change it. The box doesn’t allow it.

Sounds like kile doesn't support high-dpi screens.

It might be that the developers have already fixed the problem with this commit:

https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kile.git&a=blobdiff&h=478922bbe568d6a9d5900f140eb0f1a825cfac6b&hp=84cd458f35b21fe67926b57444414f76e0af6164&hb=efc02345128b972db1685304279dce67e692cda2&f=src%2Fmain.cpp

If so, we could add that to MacPorts as a patch. I'm Cc'ing the maintainer of kde4-kile.