xrg build fails after OS X upgrade to 10.11.2 (15C50) and Xcode Version 7.2

Manfred Antar mantar at pozo.comcastbiz.net
Thu Dec 10 08:57:14 PST 2015

> On Dec 10, 2015, at 8:31 AM, Rainer Müller <raimue at macports.org> wrote:
>
> On 2015-12-10 03:21, Manfred Antar wrote:
>> It’s something with Xcode 7.2
>> Im sure this will be coming up again
>
> Yes, I got a similar report against MacVim:
> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/49950
>
> It seems like Xcode 7.2 expects more restrictive permissions on this
> path, but it does not ensure they are set at installation.
>
> This is from my OS X 10.10 Yosemite, Xcode 7.1:
>
> drwxrwxr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Oct  2 23:11 /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreSimulator.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/com.apple.CoreSimulator.CoreSimulatorService.xpc/
>
> After upgrading to Xcode 7.2, the permissions remained the same:
>
> drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Nov 10 06:21 /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreSimulator.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/com.apple.CoreSimulator.CoreSimulatorService.xpc/
>
> Still the same error. I added an entry to ProblemHotlist:
> http://trac.macports.org/wiki/ProblemHotlist#xcode7.2
>
> It is definitely a problem within Xcode or its installation/update
> process. Filing rdars might be a solution to get attention to this.
>
> Rainer

OK
I did a chmod 0775 /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreSimulator.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/com.apple.CoreSimulator.CoreSimulatorService.xpc
after that every thing works again.
It seems that when they packaged Xcode 7.2 the permissions for that directory were wrong.
I filed a bug report with apple.
Thanks
Manfred