perl_select not recognizing macports installed Perls...?

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 17:55:53 PST 2015

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 8:34 PM, Carlo Tambuatco <oraclmaster at gmail.com>
wrote:

> From doing port select —list perl I get:

port select for perl is a work in progress and not really usable yet (and
may never be; I think the current plan is to ditch all but the current
upstream Perl version). You must instead install a specific variant of the
perl5 port:

    sudo port install perl5 -perl5_16 +perl5_22

Use "port variants perl5" to see what is available.