Trouble with amavisd-new - won't start because of errors

David Evans devans at macports.org
Sat Dec 12 07:47:29 PST 2015

On 12/12/15 7:38 AM, Robert Chalmers wrote:
> So if I install p5-mime-tools it should be right to go.?

p5-mime-tools is a dependency of amavisd-new so it is installed already. You need to update your ports to get the new
version and upgrade it.  The missing dependency will be installed automatically.

sudo port selfupdate
sudo port upgrade outdated

> also - the amavisd.conf file is being looked for in /etc by the program. Not by a setting anywhere from me.

This path is apparently hard coded in amavisd-new.  Will fix this and advise.

Dave