Qt5

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Tue Dec 15 01:06:15 PST 2015

Hi
I installed Qt5 on yosemite and building apps/projects/whatever does not work.
I filed a ticket and this was the sage response:

    The SDKs are not provided by MacPorts; they are part of Xcode. Xcode 7
    only includes the 10.11 SDK, even if you are running on OS X 10.10. Apple
    does not consider this a bug. If Qt requires an older SDK, that is a
    design flaw in Qt which should be reported to the developers of Qt so that
    they can fix it. Do not under any circumstances rename your SDK or make
    any other changes inside the Xcode application bundle.

Cute! if I do rename the SDK it builds a working app. If I don’t the compile fails.
Is there any to heed the advice and build a working app. Is this an artifact of not wishing to run el Captain
Is my next post related?

James