Debugging a port; commands to rebuild

Justin Vallon justinvallon at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 18:15:51 PST 2015

I would like to add some debugging statements to a port.  I ran "port
destroot $PORT", and got a destroot tree in the work directory.

Next, I would like to modify some source files, and rebuild.  Is there a
"port" command that would force a re-build and re-destroot?

I tried:

$ port -d -f build $PORT
DEBUG: Privilege de-escalation not attempted as not running as root.
DEBUG: Skipping completed org.macports.build ($PORT)

...but it skipped the build.

The log of the full build says that "build" is "make all" in the build
area, and that appears to work ok.  I was wondering if there was a
"build modified sources", short of creating a patch file.

--
-Justin
JustinVallon at gmail.com