Gnome

David Evans devans at macports.org
Mon Dec 21 16:06:00 PST 2015

On 12/21/15 2:26 PM, Pierre Henri CHAUDOUARD wrote:

> Dear Dave,
>
> Thank you for your message.
>

>     > First step is to make sure that dbus (the "message bus") is properly initialized by performing the operations
>     recommended by
>     >
>     > $ port notes dbus
>     >
>     > Once this has been done you shouldn't have to do it again.
>     >

> The services were already loaded.
>

>     > If problems persist (with evince for instance) please let me know if this is a +quartz build or if you are using
>     X11 and
>     > provide details on how to reproduce the problem including a sample .dvi file if possible.
>     >

>     The following ports are currently installed:
>
>       evince @3.18.2_0 (active)
>
> I guess there is no option ... I am using XQuartz 2.7.8 (xorg-server 1.16.4). Please find enclosed a .dvi
>

> Thanks,
>
> Pierre-Henri
>

>     >
>     >

Thanks, PH.

Using the same version of OS X, evince starts up and runs for me without any errors bus or otherwise.  However, when I
went to open your file, I got a lot of messages about missing fonts (cmmi, etc).  Installing texlive-basic fixed this.
Now when I try to open your file either from the evince menu or invoking evince from the command line, I get the seg
fault that you reported.

Other file formats (pdf for instance) work as expected.

So there does seem to be a problem but I'm not certain if it has to do with .dvi files in general or just this
particular one.  You should test with other .dvi files and see if they have the same problem.

At this point, it would be best if you could file a ticket for this issue on our trac server so it can be tracked and
I'll do some debugging and see if I can track down whats going on here.

Thanks again for your report.

Dave