problems downloading clang-34 on PPC MAC

John T. Chung jchung at nyquest.com
Wed Dec 23 20:59:43 PST 2015

hi Ryan, yeah cleaning the directory fixed the problem, the second time it
build and installed correctly.

However, I don't see a "clang" executable. I only see this in /opt/local/bin

Macintosh-2:build jchung$ ls -l /opt/local/bin/clang*
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  62 Dec 24 11:55 /opt/local/bin/clang++-mp-3.4
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  79 Dec 24 11:55
/opt/local/bin/clang-apply-replacements-mp-3.4
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  67 Dec 24 11:55
/opt/local/bin/clang-format-mp-3.4
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  70 Dec 24 11:55
/opt/local/bin/clang-modernize-mp-3.4
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  60 Dec 24 11:55 /opt/local/bin/clang-mp-3.4

I assumed the compiler would be clang-mp-3.4 but when I attempted to
compile a "HELLO WORLD" C program, I got this:

Macintosh-2:build jchung$ clang-mp-3.4 test.c
test.c:2:1: warning: type specifier missing, defaults to 'int'
[-Wimplicit-int]
main() {
^~~~
1 warning generated.
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-arch'
clang: error: assembler (via gcc) command failed with exit code 1 (use -v
to see invocation)

why is it still calling "gcc"
here's the contents of test.c

Macintosh-2:build jchung$ cat test.c