[git] fatal: HTML documentation is not provided by this distribution of git

Luc J. Bourhis luc_j_bourhis at mac.com
Thu Feb 5 05:11:23 PST 2015

>> Lawrence Velázquez-2 wrote
>>> Does `git help -w` work?
>>
>> As I wrote, it does not.

> From the list's point of view you actually did not [...]

Oh, I see! I apologise for that hasty comment of mine.

> Anyway, looking at your terminal transcripts, you used `git help - w`
> instead of `git help -w`.
> Maybe that's the problem?

No, that was a typo on the list. "git help -w" returns
fatal: HTML documentation is not provided by this distribution of git

even though /opt/local/share/doc/git-doc has the HTML doc files and "port
variants" list "[+]doc". It must be weird as Google did not return anything
and scouring Macports mailing lists and bug reports did not either.