[KDE/Mac] Qt 5.4 build error on OS X 10.7

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 14:58:47 PST 2015

Hi René,

On 12/02/2015, at 9:42 AM, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Thursday February 12 2015 09:20:03 Ian Wadham wrote:
>>
>> On 12/02/2015, at 4:39 AM, Jeremy Whiting wrote:
>>> My XCode version on OSX Lion here is 4.6.3 in case that makes any difference btw.
>>
>> Hmmm.  I have Xcode 4.6.1 (4H512).  But AppleMenu->Software Update… shows that
>> only iTunes is available for update (to v 12.1).  My O/S is 10.7.5 (Lion).  What version is
>> yours, Jeremy?
>>
>> @René: If I need to, how can I update my Xcode?  Or my version of Lion, if Jeremy has
>>                a later version of that, too?
>
> Jeremy, can you check if the Qt 5.4.0 you checked out from git already had the fix incorporated? From what I can see it has been merged into git on December 12th 2014. That could explain why you didn't encounter any issues, more so than your Xcode version.
>
> Ian: you'll probably have to download Xcode 4.6.3 from developer.apple.com too, if you wish to update it. You could of course also install port:clang-3.5 to have the current stable clang version (or port:gcc49 if for some reason you prefer GCC).
>
> Anyway, you'll want to grab my updated port tarball, or the updated Portfile.qt5 and the new patch I attached.

OK, will do, later today (in sunny Australia)...

> I'll presume you don't need me to repeat my instructions just to have sudo
> prepended, or the local port dir changed, am I right? :)

Yes, you are right.  I can understand what I am doing now… ;-)  I'm so glad this is
not down to something you or I did, though I was feeling a bit stroppy yesterday… :-)
It is not often I come across a bug in Qt --- and never before in a Qt build.

All the best, Ian W.